The TMA is the UK’s major business association representing the interests of and providing professional support for the performing arts in the UK.
TMA members include theatres, multi-purpose venues, arts centres, concert halls, commercial producers, touring theatre, opera and ballet companies, sole traders and suppliers to the performing arts.
Membership benefits include:
• Access to free specialist legal, employment relations and financial advice
• Regular, comprehensive updates on business, legislation and employment relations issues and the implications for your business
• Professional development, training and networking opportunities
• The protection of the TMA National Collective Agreements with Equity, BECTU, Musicians Union and Writers Guild
• Participation in Theatre Awards UK, an annual event which celebrates the creative excellence and outstanding work in UK theatres and the performing arts industry
• Group Purchasing schemes
• Subscription to the TMA’s quarterly magazine industry-specific magazine, PROMPT, and our monthly e-newsletter
The TMA represents the interests of its membership at all levels of national and European government. We work closely with:
• Government departments, local authorities, EEC bodies and trade unions to influence policy development and financial investment across a broad range of issues, including employment, education, cultural activity and tourism
• The UK Arts Councils to address issues affecting the industry and to provide specific services for its members
• Its sister association, the Society of London Theatre and other professional associations to maintain a co-ordinated approach to the development of the performing arts industry across all scales of company and venue
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE TMA MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION PACK
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to download the TMA membership APPLICATION FORM
Members of the TMA need to abide by its rules (Articles of Association) – these are available to view here.
After your application has been submitted this is forwarded to the TMA's Council of Management for their consideration. Following their approval, your application will be circulated to all TMA members. If no objections are received within 21 days and the subscription fee is paid, you will be admitted to membership.
If you would like any further information or to discuss how TMA membership could benefit you and your organisation please contact Clare Ollerhead at firstname.lastname@example.org
or on 020 7557 6746.